Tuesday, November 22, 2005

WinFX horizon

{

What does WinFX bode for smallfolk like me? At this point I'm given to think of Visual Studio 2005 and what sort of placement it will have in the product. I haven't done deep digging, but something tells me a WinFX designer is not going to be a part of Visual Studio 2005.

It goes back to my wariness of the concept of a "release cycle." Microsoft will reap another set of good earnings from a forthcoming release of a Visual Studio 2006 (or whatever) that has a WinFX designer for Vista's windowing system.

If you're designing a desktop application on .NET 2.0, what does this bode? Think hard about your strategy, and look over your shoulder at those slick COM applications.

I've posted on Joel on Software, hopefully someone will have a good response.

}

No comments: